tariray's adventures

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Revisiting Baguio

Went to Baguio last weekend for our team's bussiness planning... and I couldn't help but remember the previous times I've been to the City of Pines. The last time I was there was last year to attend Ga Eric's wedding-- but I was too cold to bother with the view. Anyways, it was almost freezing that time, since it was early March. I even brought along my handy nebulizer then..just in case. Turns out the neb chugged out cold medicine-- haha-- ayun pati lungs ko gininaw!


This year I'm with my new officemates, and I couldnt help but miss my MNC friends (this topic deserves a separate entry). Well this is life--ganyan talaga. Stayed at The Manor at Camp John Hay: SOZY ba? and just looking around the whole place reminded me of the "old Baguio".. the one I remember as a child. Scanning through the Camp's view and breathing cold, crisp air through only one nostril (barado yung isa, may sipon ako e! hehehe) made me think of my childhood trips to this place. This is Baguio-- Pine trees, cold breeze and a stock of Neozep on hand.



But going to the city proper is another experience these days. Streets are too narrow and crowded. Too many buildings are everywhere. I didnt even notice the pine trees there. Its a real pity. I didn't even bother taking a picture when we were in the city. And of course when you're at SM, you feel like your at any other SM branch. Burnham park didnt look like the way I remembered it, though the City market was of course "Gulay Heaven".


Overall, its great to think that there are still places at Baguio that preserves the pine tree theme. It saddens me that we lost these places to urbanidad. How will my children relate to my stories of Baguio as a child.. children daw oh! hahaha!



1 Comments:

Blogger A. B. said...

oo nga, gulay! wat do you mean? children? doon nanglaki ang mata ko... do tell.. the plans, the plans. hehe.

happy birthday, bertdey gerl! naku, miss namin ang handaan sa staffhouse this time. sayang o!

miss you queen! pls don't change. ",)

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home