tariray's adventures

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Fishy Oh!

When I was 3, I would stare at our neighbor's fishtank and shout "Fishy-oh, lipad!" thinking that fish flew to get around. This was probably my first known fascination for fin friends. Then later later on, one of my X's gave me an aquarium and gifted me with several fishes. X turned out to be a piranha and since then I've never really been fond of fin pets. Anyhow, the closest most recent facination for fish pets I remember now would be the "relationship" that developed between K Landi and that certain fish we had at the staffhouse. I would call it that since he claimed the fish allegedly "jumped-for-joy" everytime he came home. Go figure.

At BKK one of our itineraries was Ocean World. Since this was located under a mall, I figured this would probably be just a place full of aquaria. I was shocked to see that upon entering, it was like we were inside an aquarium! It's all coming back to me now, me chanting, "Fishy-oh! Lipad!"


Their collections of specimens were outstanding, just as their set-ups were. There were parts where you were above the fish, beside the fish, and even BELOW the fishes! Specimens ranged from crustaceans, freshwater fishes, deep sea fishes and even jellyfishes. I liked the way they illuminated the jellyfish tanks, it seemed like you were at the deep sea red light district! haha!



I was likewise in awe of the 2-storey deep tank where a diver actually submerged while everyone watched as if he was also a fish in a tank.. a fish with a microphone who answers questions of visitors from outside the tank! cool!



One of the highlights for me, aside from the diver-in-the-tank was seeing the sharks. It amazed me how close I was to them..just a glass away..so near yet so far..hehehe.

I would definitely recommend going to Bangkok Ocean World. No, its not just for kids and fishy people.. Its like getting a feel of how it would be like if you visited Nemo and Spongebob. And then you could also shout, "Fishy-oh! Lipad!!!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home