tariray's adventures

Thursday, June 14, 2007

The AWESOME Thai Trip

Last year I swore that when I went back to Bangkok, I would shun my uniform and go to the places worth going.. And so earlier this month I did just that with some of my best buddies "forever friend barbie" and "roomie V". But of course we wouldnt have done this adventure without the support of MJ!

Where exactly did we bring our feet? We rode the river boat along the Chao Phraya river where almost all of the tourist spots worth going were...
Then we went to see all the relevant Wats (temples) that we could muster walking (and riding)to. Of course the Grand Palace was a must to be visited.

Though a just chip off the floating market, the Bangkok Flower market was still quite interesting. Its really just like our local flower market, however most of their wares were garlands and other floral preparations used as offerings. It was also a first time for me to actually see a lotus flower. Too bad we didnt have time to really go to the floating market.. well, maybe next time..


We didn't pass off the chance to shop at the Chatuchak weekend market where rV and I bought silk sheets for our moms, and at Panthip "electronic gadget heaven" I bought several memory cards while Barbie bought the MP4 requested by our officemate. We rode the Tuktuk to the Jim Thompson House Museum (this guy revived the Thai silk industry) and we also went to the Snake farm and the really cool Ocean World. I'll most probably be blogging separately about the last two ones I mentioned.

And Oh!!! of course, we rode the subway to meet up with Khun Landi and Khun Didith who joined us to watch the Thai cultural show "Siam Niramit" and later treated us to an authentic Thai dinner. I'll be blogging about that separately too....
too many things to blog, so little time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home