tariray's adventures

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Anak ni Zuma!

FIRST... I was EXCITED....

THEN.... I was HAPPY to have finally taken this photo opportunity..


AND THEN.... I was APPREHENSIVE...

These next pictures are rare ones as I dont normally get panicky. However, I believe I have enough reason as the snake won't let go of me.. YIKES!!!! Ano pa kaya ang nararamdaman ng anak ni Zuma?

But overall, I was really pleased with our trip to the Snake farm at the W.H.O Collaborating Center for Venomous Snake Toxicology and Research, Bangkok, Thailand. This was one of the places I was really sorry to have missed out on during my last year's trip. I was really intent on visiting this place this time and really requested that we go there.

I wasn't disappointed. They had a very informative and well spoken english demo and lecture. The discussions were very lively and their specimens really interesting. They even demonstrated how to extract venom from snakes. The snake handlers were amazing, particularly the one handling and taunting the cobras. He WAS taunting the cobras, with no protective gear at that!


Needless to say, I will NEVER look at those plastic containers in the same way again after this trip...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home