tariray's adventures

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The 2007 Fiesta Trip: The Pig

I distinctly remember one summer when my grandma bought 2 piglets. I was about age 9 then, and so logically we (my sister and cousins) named the piglets Doy and Cory. We woke up to feed them every morning and even volunteered to wash them every afternoon. Come time for us to go back to manila, we hung on to the thought that next year we would see them again! And to our horror, the following year they were slaughtered like the pigs they were. My sister cried till she had asthma, refusing to understand why Doy and Cory should suffer for the hunger of people to be fed the following day. Finally, they explained (our uncles did this horrid task) that Doy and Cory are infact in pig heaven and that they were happy to have served their life's purpose. Dumb story huh? and we were 2 dumb children to believe it!

Its been years since I went home to my Lola's house to celebrate fiesta and this year as I went home I made sure I took pictures! Say hello to the swine who seems happy to have served his life's true meaning:



I hope to God that Doy and Cory are as happy as thi guy was!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home