tariray's adventures

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Thaina ang anghang!!

As a bonafide Filipina cook and self declared food critic, a trip to another culture most definitely should include a "food-trip". Since my interactions with the outside world was limited by my bussiness trip, I had to do something in order to make sure I get to eat authentic Thai dishes. Thanks (again) to my friend Lex, a trek (yeah, we walked!) to Pola pola did the trick of satisfying my tastebuds' curiosity. Now lets see what he ordered for me...


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


That's the Tom Yum soup and papaya salad and whew were they both HOT!! These two dishes I will never forget as they are one of the spiciest I have ever tried. Well, I did ask for authentic thai.

I also got a taste of grilled prawn (but their prawn isnt like the prawns we have here-- their prawns were more similar to a Langostine-courtesy of Jamie Oliver!)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Another treat by Khun Nara, Khun Atom, Khun Pom and Randy involved a spicy carrot salad version, a soup with sotanghon. Oh! and I wont forget that take out dish DM gave us for lunch-- some kind of green noodles with roast meat combo. looked weird but tasted good.

Thai people seemed to be fruit people as fresh fruits were sold everywhere. They already cut these up to bite sized pieces and packed them in transparent plastic bags with free air. Their handling process looked hygienic naman.. dunno lang where the air comes from.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Same packaging style goes for street food. Noodle dishes were stacked high and different meat kebabs were also attractive. Got a taste of the noodle stacks but not of the kebabs.. I had the time to take pictures but no time to buy.. too bad.

Dessert was interesting. I never ordered those coco-milk preparations buti nalang-- dont really like them that much. DP gave us some kinds of cupcakes as snacks.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


They had what looked like cheese (except its not cheese), fruit (except its not fruit--twas more like a hopia to me) or kaong on top . Masarap naman. Pero isa pang pinakamasarap was the watermelon shake we had. Sarap talaga. Howcome when I make the same shake here, the solids separate from the ice? I will have to figure this out, though the fruits at Thailand were really really good.

I hope I get to try more cuisines at different countries-- cooked there too ha! Kelan pa kaya yun?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home