tariray's adventures

Friday, September 29, 2006

Ang aking Tagapagligtas

My Bangkok trip would've been a waste had it not been for my friend Lex. Siya ang aking tagapagligtas.

It seemed that the B wasn't in the mood for going around town. Maybe she was just not feeling well or maybe she was tired of out-of-the -country trips. NOT ME. I dont get to go out-of-the -country that much so I wanted to see allot of things there.

Lex is currently based at Bangkok, and what a coincidence that his office bldg is just about 5 mins from our Hotel! So when the Lady guard gets off duty-- here comes my savior to pick me up and show me around town! And he was so very willing at that! I always felt I was welcome, and that he also enjoyed having me as a guest.

The two nights he accompanied me around were the only times I got to go around Bangkok. The first night he fed me (as in parang kelangan ko talagang kumain) with Thai food.. so I get to savor the unique cuisine. It was just weired that we got to talk about home and about the time when we were growing up (we were neighbors)-- we had to do it at another country. We actually havent seen each other for more than 2 years now, we never see each other at home. Anyway, it was as if we always saw each other, no barriers, no embarrasments. Then he accompanied me to the Night bazaar for some shopping.

The second night we attempted to go to Patpong (where THE "BARS" are) but later both agreed that watching them put different items in their private parts wasnt our type of entertainment. At least I get to go to the area, he said. We again just went around the night market and he fed me again (this time at Burger King coz I was exhausted that day from eating spicy Thai food).

All in all, I was really really grateful that Lex was there to show me around. Too bad our other neighbor Jerwin wasnt answering our calls for him to join us. I hope I get to return the favor one time--Thank you so much Lex!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home