tariray's adventures

Friday, October 08, 2004

Comings and Goings...

I've just learned that a close friend of mine just left the country. That's the 8th close friend I have who's left. The first few ones who've gone have made me feel melancholy, and after several of them leaving I thought I'd get used to the feeling.. hindi pa rin. Most of them have just gone to pursue further studies, some were for greener pastures. My sister, in fact, just left last july. Oh well.. I guess i'll just have to wish them well.

I think about whats making me feel sad, maybe its just the fact that everyone's leaving me behind. But that doesnt mean i want to go too. Oddly enough, I never seemed to ever have really wanted to leave this country. Maybe, talagang rooted na ako sa pagsisilbi sa bayan (charing!!). It's just that Ive neverimagined myself settling down in another country and culture. I am, as a matter of factly, happy with the way things are here. Never mind the dropping economy, the pollution and the piles of garbage. Maybe Ill be open to a working stint there, but permanently settling there?? i dont know.. I cant leave the warm Filipino hospitality, the friendly smiles and cheerful dispositions.. the overflowing food and the colorful fiestas. And most of all, the warm warm weather (ginawin kasi ako eh... he hehe..)

I miss my friends and will continue missing them.. but Ill always be a friend though time ans space may separate us.. hay.. ang drama ko.

3 Comments:

Blogger Singa Mama said...

o, sino na naman ang umalis?

9:12 PM  
Blogger tariray said...

hey ruth, c walcher yun. umalis na pala nga 2 weeks ago.. d na nagparamdam, baka super busy. UNESCO yun, 1 yr sa Japan.. di naman cya nagbabalita, sina epi and yo pa ang nagbalita sakin.

10:59 AM  
Blogger tariray said...

hey Ruth, si Walcher yun.. nag japayuki na rin UNESCO daw for 1 yr. sina epi and Yo pa ang nagbalita sakin, siguro nag busybusyhan na cya nung paalis na. by the time na nagtanong me, nakaalis na pala cya. ;)

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home